|Review by Phoenix | August 15, 1999
Worlds Collide is a map with all new units, based on an old movie, sort of like The Day the Earth stood still.
Anyways, it's a large desert map with rocks, some grass, and a very murky river. There is a little crashed spaceship, a landing pad, and there are lizards running around, which are also used as hunting targets.
Worlds Collide is pretty good, but that's mostly all I can say. Here's a rundown on the new units:
- Psy'rins. Psychic beings, their special ability is to heal, and they can attack with a powerful health-draining attack.
- Shocktroopers. They shoot, what did you expect? They're armed with laser guns. Good for taking out melee.
- Sentry Droids. Big, hulking robots with shock staffs. They use their staffs to electrocute.
- Skrit'er. Big bad, bugs that are like powerful ghols. They can throw grenades with the T attack, as well as anything else they pick up. Each bug starts out with one grenade which can tear an enemy apart.
- Droid Bombs. These are basically wights that can start fires when they explode. They're a little faster than wights, and they can hover.
- Cannon. Used only in CTF games. Stationary, powerful, and able to emit rapid fire. That best describes it. They're weakness, however, is they have to recharge. So, don't leave them all alone.
It's a neat map and is worth a download. Unfortunately we got it from the Mill, but that site has not been working for the past few days. Look for a link here when the site comes back online.
---Rating 8.5 out of 10 | Info | Download