What is the Myth Master Challenge?
The Myth Master Challenge is a open-term contest being organized by the folks at myth.bungie.org. The challenge is to produce Myth mission films that observe at least four of their "Seven Laws of the Myth Master."
Four out of seven doesn't sound so bad, does it?
For your convenience, the seven laws are republished here verbatim from the Myth Master web site:
- Law One: Start the game in cooperative mode. Number of players is irrelevant, one will do. This is so that you can't save your game, thus requiring that much more skill and style.
- Law Two: Veterans are not allowed. Uncheck the "Veterans Allowed" box in the Options screen of your co-op games, and start solo games from the level you are mastering.
- Law Three: Play on Legendary difficulty.
- Law Four: Kill everything (including villagers and wildlife). There are exceptions to this rule, such as enemies which disappear before you have a chance to kill them. For example, Soulblighter on "Flight From Covenant".
- Law Five: Take no casualties. There are exceptions to this rule, such as where some of your units are supposed to die in the game. For example, your scouting party on "Forest Heart".
- Law Six: Explore everywhere. Show any secrets or easter eggs, and every corner of the map.
- Law Seven: Show style. A Myth Master can't simply stand back and hide from the AI, boring the viewer. A Myth Master must entertain those who watch his or her films. However, this does not mean mindless kamikaze. Maneuvering the enemy into a helpless position and bombarding them with molotovs just as stylish as a colossal melee, or destroying several Trow with a small party of archers.
What it comes down to is basically six laws. You cannot declare your own film to "show style" and thus observe Law Seven. Only the Myth Master people can award your film with Law Seven. As you can imagine, they have seen a lot of films, and they know what they are looking for. What may be impressive to you may be a rerun to them. So work on four of the first six laws when producing your Myth Master effort.
Wolfpack had a grand time winning the Myth Master Challenge's Myth II Division. In that same tradition of fun and obsession, Wolfpack has also embarked on making a complete contribution to the contest's Myth TFL Division, which someone has already won. With the Myth II films, Wolfpack typically observed the three laws that overlap perfectly with our own WPLNC campaign (co-op, Legendary, no casualties) and then added one more law (usually no vets or explore everywhere) upon the discretion of the mission team. Often the Myth Master judge would award an additional law for style.
Now that you know all about the Myth Master Challenge, go see Wolfpack's Myth Master mission list and put your name on a level!
If you have completed a level and would like to submit it, please click here for instructions.